If you’re the extremely frustrated owner of an M-Audio Delta 44 PCI interface, you might have spent countless hours searching the interwebs for a solution to this:
–select pci card–
Trying to get the Delta 44 to work on your Windows 7 64-bit PC.
Yes, you’ve installed the card into a working PCI slot, downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the M-Audio site, and still, your computer acts like there is no card.
If you’re a little tech-savvy, you may try going to Windows Device Manager, in which case you’ll see that the new card shows up as:
“Multimedia Audio Controller”
Device Manager will tell you the card is not working, and there’s no driver installed (even though you’ve already downloaded and installed the Delta 44 M-Audio driver for Windows 7 64-bit).
At this point, you might be thinking “WTF is wrong with this?! Is the driver bad? Did M-Audio release crappy software? Is the card itself bad?! The warranty on this thing probably ran out when I was still using Windows XP!
Fear not, my friend, for I have walked in your shoes, and alas have found the simple solution.
- Step 1: Uninstall the drivers completely (using program uninstall in Window’s Control Panel).
- Step 2: Shut down your PC, open it back up, and physically remove the Delta 44 PCI card.
- Step 3: With the Delta 44 card still removed, turn on your PC.
- Step 4: Reinstall the latest driver from the M-Audio site here (For me, this was Delta Series Driver 6_0_8.exe).
- Step 5: Shut down your PC (again).
- Step 6: Re-install the Delta 44 card into the PCI slot of your computer.
- Step 7: Turn on your PC. Once it boots up, you should get some kind of message pop-up that indicates the M-Audio Delta 44 driver has been successfully installed!
Most importantly, when you now open the M-Audio Delta control panel, you’ll see this:
This sequence worked for me, and I was quite relieved. I last had this card working for 5 years in an older Windows XP machine.
I hope these instructions can help someone else going through the same problem. If it did, please let me know in the comments below!
NOTE: Some visitors have stated that this method also helped them get the M-Audio Delta 44 working on their Windows 10 computer. If this worked on your Windows 10 PC, please leave a comment below to let others know!